Monday

Lately at the Apartment Complex

The last month and a half have been very busy compared to all the other months that I have been the apartment complex manager. I obtained my position last year in December of 2008. I didn't always get a whole bunch of calls. Sometimes I might get one call every other week about the apartment complex, sometimes I might have an appointment or two, if any, a week. Not lately though. I'm used to showing it about once a week, and hoping that they bite. We have 19 unites in the apartment complex, and about 8 of them were empty when I started. The managers before me must not have taken the calls for the apartments or cleaned them up or something because people started moving out and no one was moving in. I became very accustomed to once a week showings so I was taking my time fixing up the units, or maybe I was just being lazy with them (probably a little bit of both). Up until about a month and a half ago I only moved 3 people into the apartment complex. So I had the apartment I was showing, 205, ready and none of the other ones were 100 percent complete. Then, a month or so ago I started getting like 7-8 calls a week. This was new for me. One week I showed the apartment complex 5 times! So all my laziness about finishing up some of the empty ones was finally going to catch up with me.

Just about he first person I show it to before the "big rush" wanted the unit. Her name was Tonya. So she set down the deposit and said she was going to move in in about a month. This was great for business, but the calls kept coming and another guy named Dan wanted to move in just a few days later. I showed Dan apartment 205, the one that Tonya already had a deposit down on, and he wanted it also. Dan didn't want to wait a month like her either, he wanted to move in ASAP. So what I ended up doing was painting a different unit in the apartment complex, 207, after work and school late into the night for three or four nights. To get into painting 207 would be a whole other post. xD. I was pretty much exhausted after that and the calls continued to come in! After I finished painting for Dan in 207, the carpet in his and Tonyas needed to be cleaned. I remembered last time Chad, the carpet cleaner, was out there. He said that if we did three or four units in the apartment complex, we could get a bulk discount. So I cleaned out a third unit, 103, and called him up and got a bulk discount. After getting the carpets cleaned out they looked a whole lot better, except for unit 103. The carpet in there was pretty much trashed! About a week after this a man named James came to look at the apartments. He actually ened up setting up two different apointments before he moved in.

But he did end up moving in....



No comments:

Post a Comment